We had a new member at the GYG this morning. Craig just came out of ramp up and his overhead squat looked good!
I believe that Overhead Squats are the most difficult olympic lift we practice. The movement requires flexibility and a whole lot of core strength. Most of us worked on form this morning or finding our single rep max.
5 - 5 -5+ at 65% - 75% - 85% of 1 rep max
Morgan 19 - 26 - 1RM @ 60k
Brandon 14 - 14 - 19 - 21
Craig 40 - 45 - 50
Garth 60 - 72 - 80 for 5
I liked the WOD today. It set a good pace with just enough rest to give you the energy to really go balls out on the next round.
2 rounds for reps of
:60 Burpees
:60 Rest
:60 Box Jumps 24"
:60 Rest
:60 Double Unders
:60 Rest
Craig finished with 168 reps - subbed tuck jumps for double unders
Morgan finished with 230 reps - subbed single unders for double unders
Brandon finished with 150 reps
I finished with 245 reps
Good Monday! Can't wait to see what Tuesday brings to the table. See you in the morning!
I believe that Overhead Squats are the most difficult olympic lift we practice. The movement requires flexibility and a whole lot of core strength. Most of us worked on form this morning or finding our single rep max.
5 - 5 -5+ at 65% - 75% - 85% of 1 rep max
Morgan 19 - 26 - 1RM @ 60k
Brandon 14 - 14 - 19 - 21
Craig 40 - 45 - 50
Garth 60 - 72 - 80 for 5
I liked the WOD today. It set a good pace with just enough rest to give you the energy to really go balls out on the next round.
2 rounds for reps of
:60 Burpees
:60 Rest
:60 Box Jumps 24"
:60 Rest
:60 Double Unders
:60 Rest
Craig finished with 168 reps - subbed tuck jumps for double unders
Morgan finished with 230 reps - subbed single unders for double unders
Brandon finished with 150 reps
I finished with 245 reps
Good Monday! Can't wait to see what Tuesday brings to the table. See you in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Response to "Overhead Squats are Hard!"
Post a Comment