
11/10/2009
Strength: Rope Climbs (everyone does three)
Metcon: “Nancy”
5 rounds of:
400m run
40kg overhead squat
As they say, “You never forget your first time”. And we had a LOT of firsts today!
· Brian Maastricht did his first rope climb
· Garth received a GOLD MEDAL for the #1 time at the Fort for Nancy (13:39)
· Super Dave beat Tommy Mohr in the metcon!!!!
“I am Jack’s smirking revenge” – Super Dave was definitely smirking after beating Tom today! Yes, Super Dave only beat him by 1 second (and Super Dave went 5kg heavier on the OH squats), but it doesn’t matter. It was sweet ‘revenge’ to finally beat Tom! This has been a LONG time coming. And who knows when it will happen again? So let’s pause and just enjoy the moment…
Kudos again to Garth for an INCREDIBLE time on “Nancy”. There are only a few guys we know of that might beat him today (Matty Lo, Craig, Pete). The challenge is out there to those three. If no one beats him, then Garth keeps his FIRST GOLD MEDAL! Way to go, Garth. 13:39 to run 1 ¼ miles and 75 overhead squats at 40kg is truly legen…wait for it…dary.
Brian Maastricht's first rope climb
Supe Dave was just that today: "Super!" The guy is close too, if not already is, the best OHS male at the box.
To be clear, even if I did edge out his time today, I technically don't beat him. He was RX'd and I wasn't.
He was MY motivation today - led me to going unbroken on the final 15 OHS's. My only set of unbroken reps for the WOD.
Thanks Dave. Nice work!
Is it really fair that when Brian reaches up, his hands are already 3/4 of the way to the top? Hmm....I think he should climb twice to equal all us normal sized people's one climb. ;-)