Happy Tuesday morning! Tom and I were joined by our newest GYG member, Morgan. He recently moved from Virginia and has been crossfitting for awhile. He's tough!
We started off push press 3-3-3+ at 70% - 80% - 90%
Did you guys know it was 3+? Guess I missed that - I could have kept going on the 3rd round!
Garth 60k, 70k, 80k - Single rep max is 95k
Morgan 50k(4), 60k, 70k, 75k, 77k - looking for that single rep max
Tom 70k, 80k, 90k(1), 85k(2)
The WOD was reminiscient of Monday's workout. It didn't seem so bad at first glance until you started putting together the #'s. 80 deadlifts? Mercy!
4 rounds of
10 Pullups
15 Burpees
20 Deadlifts (80/55 or 50% of single rep max)
25 Double Unders
Tom is a mad man and scaled his deadlifts at 50% of his 1RM or 97k. I was still feeling Friday's Tabata deadlifts and felt 80k would be just about right for me. Morgan scaled to 60k. He doesn't have his double unders yet so he went after attempts.
I finished 15:29
Tom finished 14:37
Morgan finished at 20:00
I kept up with Tom into round 3 and then fell apart on the burpees and deadlifts. My head started to spin and my only thought was "Let it be over!". That 4th round was a grind. My back started to ache in round 3 and was an agony in round 4. 80 deadlifts will do that to you. Tom seemed unphased by the workout and seemed to enjoy his heavy deadlifts? He's a tough old bird!
Good luck with the deadlifts to the afternoon crew :)
We started off push press 3-3-3+ at 70% - 80% - 90%
Did you guys know it was 3+? Guess I missed that - I could have kept going on the 3rd round!
Garth 60k, 70k, 80k - Single rep max is 95k
Morgan 50k(4), 60k, 70k, 75k, 77k - looking for that single rep max
Tom 70k, 80k, 90k(1), 85k(2)
The WOD was reminiscient of Monday's workout. It didn't seem so bad at first glance until you started putting together the #'s. 80 deadlifts? Mercy!
4 rounds of
10 Pullups
15 Burpees
20 Deadlifts (80/55 or 50% of single rep max)
25 Double Unders
Tom is a mad man and scaled his deadlifts at 50% of his 1RM or 97k. I was still feeling Friday's Tabata deadlifts and felt 80k would be just about right for me. Morgan scaled to 60k. He doesn't have his double unders yet so he went after attempts.
I finished 15:29
Tom finished 14:37
Morgan finished at 20:00
I kept up with Tom into round 3 and then fell apart on the burpees and deadlifts. My head started to spin and my only thought was "Let it be over!". That 4th round was a grind. My back started to ache in round 3 and was an agony in round 4. 80 deadlifts will do that to you. Tom seemed unphased by the workout and seemed to enjoy his heavy deadlifts? He's a tough old bird!
Good luck with the deadlifts to the afternoon crew :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Response to "More deadlifts? F$#@%^K!"
Post a Comment