

Last night I made Garth's chili. It is awesome, Paleo friendly, and SUPER easy to make:
3lbs grass fed ground beef
1 onion
2 red bell peppers
2 red apples
3 medium-size sweet potatoes
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 small cans tomato paste
Seasonings I add: chili powder, crushed red peppers, basil, cilantro
Brown the 3lbs of grass feed beef. DO NOT DRAIN IT (why would you waste all that good fat??). Chop the onion, peppers, apples, and sweet potatoes, and mix it in with the beef. Add the 2 cans each of diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours (Garth cooks his in a crock pot for 10 hours, which works great too).
I divide this batch up into 5 servings - makes for an easy lunch and dinner throughout the week. By serving, you get:
889 calories
45g fat
70g protein
50g carbs (39.6g net carbs - carbs minus fiber)
I personally usually keep this lower carb by omitting the sweet potatoes and apples; last night was the first time I added those two ingredients If you do this, you're looking at, by serving:
762 calories
45g fat
67g protein
22g carbs (15.4g net carbs - carbs minus fiber)
So, considerably lower carb. But with the way we're training at Crossfit Fire, the higher carbs probably won't kill us. In fact, Tommy Mohr would probably be proud of me for not being so stubborn, LISTENING to Bill, and eating a few more carbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Response to "The Garth Show Chili"
Post a Comment