When I say “Way to go, Tom” I mean that both sincerely and sarcastically. Sincerely, in that we witnessed Tom doing his first muscle up today!! He also did one last night. I mean that sarcastically, too, in that doing a single muscle up was one of Tom’s 2010 goals. But he did it in 2009. So, way to go, Tom, now what are you going to do? Well, I asked Tom this very question, and in true Tom Mohr fashion, he bumped his goal from “1 muscle-up in 2010” to “30 muscle ups in 2010”. Love ya Tommy! I have no doubt you'll accomplish that goal.
Today’s strength work was hanging power cleans, 3x3x3x1x1x1. Jeff Witte set a PR at 70kg. Dave and Garth got 90kg. Tom did 93kg, with a couple of solid attempts at 97kg. Strong work from Kelli and Barbie, too.
I was a little bummed out that Tom wouldn’t let us listen to Country music this morning (the secret to the strength of Pete, Stacy, and the entire Bulgarian Olympic Weightlifting Team). However, we did hear Guns n’ Roses “Rocket Queen” during the metcon, so I guess everything truly does happen for a reason.
Metcon was AMRAP in 15:00 of:
10 burpee box jumps (24”)
20 situps
Tom “The Sit-up Machine” Mohr finished with 9+ rounds
Garth “Shirts are for Sissies” Huckabay had 8+ rounds
Dave “Better learn to push through the suck or he won’t be allowed back at the Fort” Eagle did 7+ rounds
Kelli “High Jump” Schwab had 6+ rounds.
Jeff “The Meat” Witte and Barbie “The Silent Firebreather” Peloquin had 5+ rounds.
I power cleaned 93k too - matched Tom, lift for lift! We won't talk about those several failed attempts at 90k - those were just for practice ;)
My brother and I did this one at home this afternoon. I got 5 rounds and he avenged his loss to me yesterday in Jackie by doing 8 rounds.
Heath