OH Squats: 5x5x5x3x3x3
Metcon:
21-15-9 calories/reps of:
Row
Ring Dips
Pull Ups
Here you can see Craig doing 80kg overhead squats for three reps. This guy is STRONG. I mean, really strong, like Mark Ritchie strong. This morning Dave said "Craig, please don't feel like you have to use the same weights I'm using. You're MUCH stronger than me. I don't want to hold you back!". Craig is a modest guy, and replied that this was a lot of weight for him. Like the Incredible Hulk, I think he just doesn't know how strong he really is. Not to worry, a month of consistent workouts with the GYG will have him pushing himself beyond the limits and putting up record-board weights in no time.
Garth had another strong day today, setting a PR with three 80kg OH squats. That last rep looked a little (okay, a lot) shaky, but he did it!
Final results in the whiteboard below. Somehow Dave took first place in the metcon. Must have been because Tom wasn't there.
I think it comes down to Garth not being able to maintain as vertical a torso as Craig. Notice how Garth's chin seems to drift down as he gets to the bottom of his rep? That's because his torso is leaning forward slightly. More vertical torso = better stability = stronger OHS. It's math my good men....you can't argue with it. :-)
Great job this morning you guys! I'm glad to see Garth is still shirtless despite the fact that it's 35 degrees out. I'm also glad to see Dave continues to crush the metcons!