10/19/2009
Hanging Power Cleans: 3x3x3x1x1x1
Garth’s 1RM today? 85kg. Craig’s 1RM today? 85kg. Super Dave’s 1RM today? 85kg
Orange whip, orange whip, orange whip. Three orange whips.
Metcon:
AMRAP in 12:00 of:
7 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls, 50kg
7 Box Jumps, 24”
7 Pull Ups
Garth: 10 rounds + 2 SDHPs
Super Dave: 9 rounds + 1 SDHP
Craig: 7 rounds + 5 SDHPs
Super Dave's 85kg Hanging Power Clean
Garth's 85kg Hanging Power Clean
Craig's attempted 90kg Hanging Power Clean
Craig's 2nd attempted 90kg Hanging Power Clean
I put Craig's two 90kg hanging power clean ATTEMPTS on here for two reasons:
1) We've already established that Craig is STRONG. Really Strong. His 85kg hanging power clean was perfect form. Trust me. I have the video to prove it, if you INSIST on seeing it.
2) Craig’s two 90kg attempts were the best of the day. I want everyone (Craig included) to see just how close he is to effectively cleaning this weight. He is pulling it high enough…it’s just a matter of him shooting those elbows through and committing to the movement (easier said than done, I know. Super Dave’s 85kg “successful” hanging power clean was UGLY. That split stance is just a crutch for not properly shooting the elbows through). In watching Craig’s 90kg attempt, we can all get better and stronger at the movement.
Light crowd today with just Craig, Garth and Super Dave. I have a feeling that Bill has some intense workouts programmed for us this week. Bring it on, Bill!
I was going to try 90k again but Zach said if I didn't nail it, that I owed him 50 burpees. That scared me off! I'll get it next time ;)
It must have been those cookies Zack made me eat last night. I'm going to give some man love to the both of you for your impressive Met-Con today. I had a pretty good view with my hands on my knees. Nice work. And stop saying I'm strong. Every person in the GYG lifts more weight than I do. Peace.
Craig
Nice work boys...my boys were watching the videos with me asked to see Craig's like 20 times...they're two, but they feakin loved it. Hopefully I'll be joining you guys sooner rather than later...love the Blues Brothers quote
What's up guys??? I can't wait for all this moving and job training to be over so I can rejoin the GYG. I am not looking forward to the ASS KICKING you guys will put me through but hopefully I will get back in the swing of things sooner then later.